Onion Herb Bread Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, rosemary, salt, dill, garlic powder, onion and 1 cup of flour. Beat until smooth. Add the remaining flour and stir for about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Stir the batter down, about 25 strokes. Spread into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 15 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (12 servings).
Reviews for Onion Herb Bread
Sort By :
"I have been baking this bread for the better part of 10 years and was disappointed that there are no ratings yet; I will gladly be the first! This bread is easy and flavorful and bakes with a wonderful aroma. I would suggest using sweet onions and chopping them extremely fine - as it bakes they will impart a delicate, sweet flavor. Enjoy!"