Onion Herb Biscuits Recipe
These fluffy well-seasoned biscuits make a pleasant accompaniment to almost any meal.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, thyme, savory, salt, baking soda and pepper. Combine sour cream and oil. Stir sour cream mixture into dry ingredients just until blended and mixture holds together. Stir in green onions.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead three or four times. Roll dough to 3/4 in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2 in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Brush lightly with butter. Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 144 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Onion Herb Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC