- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- EGG WASH:
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oats, oil, garlic, parsley, rosemary, sugar, salt and whole wheat flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a firm dough. Stir in cheese and onion.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Divide dough into 48 balls. Roll each into a 12-in. rope; tie into a loose knot. Bring bottom end up and tuck into center of roll; wrap top end around and tuck under roll. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and water. Brush over rolls. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Onion-Garlic Herb Rosettes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p130
Reviews for Onion-Garlic Herb Rosettes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review