"I've relied on this bread recipe often over the years," relates Charlene Bzdok of Little Falls, Minnesota. Frozen dough hurries along the golden pull-apart loaf. "It's wonderful with Italian dishes, especially spaghetti and lasagna," she says.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. Divide dough into 24 pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Dip each piece of dough in onion mixture; place in a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (24 pieces).
Originally published as Onion-Garlic Bubble Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p65
Reviews for Onion-Garlic Bubble Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2008
"I love this recipe! Instead of the frozen bread dough I used Pilsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits. Yummy!"