Onion Dill Bread
This flavorful loaf is a nice accompaniment to a light lunch featuring chicken or tuna salad. It owes its richness to cottage cheese and sour cream.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 3/4 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 2 tablespoons dill seed
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- In bread machine pan, place first four ingredients in order given. In
- a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and heat just until warm
- (do not boil). Pour into bread pan. Select "white bread" setting.
- Bake according to bread machine directions. Yield: 1 loaf (2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 150 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.