Onion-Dijon Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons onion mixture equals 261 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.