Onion-Date Baked Brie Recipe
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, divided
- 6 ounces pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- Assorted crackers or French bread baguette slices
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add the garlic, ginger, salt and cayenne; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine and 2 tablespoons vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated. Cool slightly.
- 2. Place the dates, 3/4 cup onion mixture and remaining vinegar in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- 3. Place Brie on a baking sheet. Spoon date mixture over Brie; top with remaining onion mixture.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crackers or baguette slices. Yield: 8 servings.
1 wedge (calculated without crackers or bread) equals 204 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Onion-Date Baked Brie
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer