Onion Cucumber Salad
This crisp refreshing salad is flavored with green pepper and a sprinkling of celery seed, then drizzled with a slightly sweet vinegar dressing. "I use this recipe over and over," says Mildred Mann of Jeffersonville, Kentucky. "It's especially nice for picnics or other warm-weather get-togethers."
14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 7 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, cut into thin rings
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cucumbers, onion and green
- pepper. Sprinkle with salt and celery seed. Combine the sugar and
- vinegar; pour over cucumber mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 8 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 14 servings.