- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Add onion, salt, yeast mixture and 2 cups flour; beat until blended. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets, point side down; curve to form crescents.
- Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°. Bake 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter; remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Onion Crescents
Sort By :
easy to make, nice flavor, good texture
Followed the recipe, but used my bread machine to mix and for the first rise. Mild onion flavor. a keeper at our house. My picky husband even like it. The recipe was too much for our family so I took half the dough after the first rise, wrapped in plastic wrap , then in a freezer zip lock baggie. Striaght to the freezer to stop the yeast rise. Brought it out a week later and did just as good as the other 1/2 of dough. My son says the flavor was better on the freezer batch.
Very easy to make and very nice to taste. Will make again. Even my picky grandkids loved them.
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Crescent Rolls >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >