Onion-Chicken Stuffing Bake
"A friend shared this savory meal-in-one with me, and it's since become my favorite dinner to serve guests," notes Audrey Aldrich, Berlin Heights, Ohio. It's sure to be a hit at your home, too.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned stuffing mix
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions; set aside.
- Place chicken in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the soup, sour
- cream and soup mix; spread over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with mushrooms and water chestnuts. Spread stuffing over
- top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35
- minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.