- 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned stuffing mix
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions; set aside. Place chicken in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the soup, sour cream and soup mix; spread over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with mushrooms and water chestnuts. Spread stuffing over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Onion-Chicken Stuffing Bake
"I thought it was good and will make again. I didnt have the trouble the other reviewer did..or I am not as picky."
"Easy prep; it came together really fast! Tasted okay, but not good enough to justify all the expense of the ingredients. If you do make this, I recommend mixing the sauce, chicken, mushrooms, and water chestnuts all together and putting the stuffing on top of that. We layered it and all the sauce dripped off the serving spoon and back into the baking dish; just more trouble to dish it up."