Onion Cheese Soup Recipe
I made a few adjustments to this savory soup recipe I came across in a community cookbook. It's rich, buttery and cheesy, plus it's so quick to prepare. —Janice Pogozelski, Cleveland, Ohio
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Seasoned salad croutons
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the onion in butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve with croutons and, if desired, Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Onion Cheese Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC