Onion Cheese Sauce
This recipe makes enough to use as smooth, mild sauce on a side vegetable like cauliflower, broccoli or brussel sprouts.—Agnes Bucko, Kunkletown, Pennsylvania
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter. Stir in the flour, salt and
- pepper until blended. Gradually add the milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Add the cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 69 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.