Onion Cheese Muffins
These muffins are the perfect addition to brunch or a soup and salad meal. You can choose any block cheese you want.—Judy Johnson, Mundelein, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby or cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine the baking mix and 1/2 cup of cheese in a large bowl; set
- aside. In a small bowl, beat egg and milk; set aside. In a small
- skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add to egg mixture.
- Stir into cheese mixture just until moistened. Fill greased or
- paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Top with the sesame
- seeds and remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or
- until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Serve warm. Yield:
- about 6 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 232 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 511 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.