These muffins are the perfect addition to brunch or a soup and salad meal. You can choose any block cheese you want.—Judy Johnson, Mundelein, Illinois
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby or cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine the baking mix and 1/2 cup of cheese in a large bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, beat egg and milk; set aside. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add to egg mixture. Stir into cheese mixture just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Top with the sesame seeds and remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: about 6 muffins.
Originally published as Onion Cheese Muffins in Country Woman May/June 1995, p35
Reviews for Onion Cheese Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review