Onion Cheese Bread
Biscuit mix is the handy base for this tender quick bread that never fails to disappear in a snap! The savory bread goes well with any meat or soup, but it's fine alone, too. Cheddar cheese and parsley give the wedges pretty color.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 teaspoons dried parsley flakes, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Place biscuit mix in a
- bowl. Combine eggs and milk; stir into biscuit mix just until
- combined. Stir in the onion, 1 cup of cheese and 4 teaspoons of
- parsley. Spread the batter into two greased 8-in. round baking pans.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and top
- of bread is lightly browned. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 175 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.