Onion Cheese Bread Appetizer Recipe
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread (1 pound and 20 inches long)
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions or red onion
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Cut bread lengthwise down the middle to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Cut diagonally into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Repeat cuts in the opposite direction. Stuff bread with cheese and onions. Place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 12 in.).
- Combine the butter, lemon juice and mustard; drizzle over bread. Fold foil around bread. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Unwrap; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bread is lightly crisp. Cut into pieces; serve warm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Onion Cheese Bread in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p44
Reviews for Onion Cheese Bread Appetizer
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2013
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2010
Delicious! I substituted shredded Colby Jack cheese as I didn't have Monterey Jack.