Onion Cheese Biscuits Recipe
"I received the recipe for these pretty biscuits from a neighbor," relates Joann Alexander of Center, Texas. "She called me 10 years later to ask for the recipe because she lost her copy. She was so glad she'd shared it with me!"
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1. In a bowl, combine the milk, egg and butter. Add biscuit mix, 1/2 cup cheese and onion. Spoon into six greased muffin cups. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and remaining cheese.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 biscuits.
1 serving (1 each) equals 227 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 503 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC