Onion Cake Recipe
—Anneliese Deising, Plymouth, Michigan
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 4 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain bacon and discard pan drippings. In the same skillet, cook onions in butter until tender. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine sour cream, flour and salt; add eggs. Stir in the bacon and onions; set aside.
- 3. Separate crescent roll dough into four rectangles. Pat dough onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. square baking pan, stretching as needed. Pinch edges together to seal. Pour onion mixture over dough.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until the topping is set and crust is golden. Cool slightly before cutting into small squares. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 144 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC