I came up with this recipe as a way to combine the unbeatable taste of hamburgers and onion. It's easy to keep the ingredients on hand for these juicy burgers. - Iva Hallman, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine onion and salad dressing. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Broil, grill or pan-fry for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat is
- no longer pink. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Cooking hamburgers over a very hot fire? Poke a hole in the center of each patty while shaping it. The center will cook faster...and the hole will be gone when the hamburger is done.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 414 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 549 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now