Onion Brunch Squares
I found this recipe years ago but have modified it to my family's liking. I make it with ham instead of bacon or without meat and have added various veggies to keep everyone happy.
I serve these squares for brunch and also as a warm appetizer. The recipe never fails and can be prepared ahead of time, so it's ideal for company.
-Danna Givot, San Diego, California
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a small skillet saute onions in butter until tender; cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sour cream, salt and
- caraway seeds if desired until blended. Add eggs and mix well. Stir
- in bacon and reserved onions.
- Unroll crescent roll dough into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Press seams together to seal; press dough 1 in. up the sides of pan.
- Pour onion mixture into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 201 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium,