Onion Brunch Pie Recipe
I found this recipe in a cookbook in a chapter called, “Recipes for Busy Days”. I love quiche but hate the hassle in making a crust. This recipe solves that problem for me. I continue to make this dish for brunches and it’s a favorite for our family Christmas breakfast.
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onions in 1 tablespoon butter for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in onions. Pour into a greased 7-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese. Melt remaining butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over cheese.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 261 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 870mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Onion Brunch Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC