Onion Brie Pizza
"Serve this unique pizza for a family supper or an elegant buffet," suggests Cindy Bedell, West Lafayette, Indiana.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing
- 6 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, and cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- In a large skillet, cook onions in butter over medium-low heat for 25
- minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare roll mix according to package directions, using
- the warm water and oil. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once
- to grease top. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Roll out dough to a 14-in. circle; transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza
- pan. Top with onions, Brie and almonds. Bake at 400° for 18-20
- minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before
- cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer