Onion Brie Pizza Recipe
- 6 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, and cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large skillet, cook onions in butter over medium-low heat for 25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare roll mix according to package directions, using the warm water and oil. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. Roll out dough to a 14-in. circle; transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Top with onions, Brie and almonds. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 448 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Onion Brie Pizza
"I've made mini version of this with frozen roll dough! This is so yummy. I love the combo of flavors!"
"Fabulous!!! I have made this with pizza dough crust and with a pack of biscuit dough for crust, both were great. I like that the onions are caramelized in butter, without sugar!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer