Onion Brie Pizza Recipe
- 6 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, and cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large skillet, cook onions in butter over medium-low heat for 25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare roll mix according to package directions, using the warm water and oil. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. Roll out dough to a 14-in. circle; transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Top with onions, Brie and almonds. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 448 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein .
Reviews for Onion Brie Pizza
"I've made mini version of this with frozen roll dough! This is so yummy. I love the combo of flavors!"
"Fabulous!!! I have made this with pizza dough crust and with a pack of biscuit dough for crust, both were great. I like that the onions are caramelized in butter, without sugar!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer