Onion Brie Bowl Recipe
Golden caramelized onions are paired with buttery, silky brie in this warm spread. Make sure to have enough bread cubes or crackers to use up every gooey bit.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; add the brown sugar, vinegar and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-35 minutes or until onions are deep golden brown.
- Cut top third off loaf of bread; hollow out enough bread from the bottom to make room for cheese. Cube removed bread; set aside. Using a knife, make 2-in. cuts into loaf around edge of bread at 1-in. intervals. Remove rind from cheese; cut cheese in half horizontally. Layer half of the cheese and onions in bread. Repeat layers.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Onion Brie Bowl in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p17
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Onion Brie Bowl(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >