Onion Brie Appetizers Recipe
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the onions, butter, brown sugar and vinegar over medium-low heat until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon; cool to room temperature.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into an 11-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread Brie over pastry. Cover with the onions; sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- 3. Roll up one long side to the middle of the dough; roll up the other side so the two rolls meet in the center. Using a serrated knife, cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over slices. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 121 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Onion Brie Appetizers
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer