Onion Brie Appetizers Recipe
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the onions, butter, brown sugar and vinegar over medium-low heat until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon; cool to room temperature.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into an 11-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread Brie over pastry. Cover with the onions; sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- 3. Roll up one long side to the middle of the dough; roll up the other side so the two rolls meet in the center. Using a serrated knife, cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over slices. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 121 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Onion Brie Appetizers
"my sister makes them, very good"
"I have made this recipe countless times - it is always a hit."
"I brought these to a gathering last night and they were a hit! I didn't have a pastry brush so I didn't use the egg wash and that MAY have been why I needed to bake them longer than recommended - about 10 minutes longer to get them golden brown. Very easy!"
"Excellent. So easy to make and can be frozen. Any ingredient can be used with the onions. Making them today with Gouda!!"
"These were delicious and easy to make. I thought it wasn't enough ingredients but once they are rolled up it really is the perfect amount. I will make these again and try different ingredients like cheddar and bacon maybe. Or swiss and mushrooms endless possibilities."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer