Onion Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds eye of round steak, cut into strips
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef in oil until no longer pink. Stir in soup mix, potato soup, milk and mushrooms. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve over ice or noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 236 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 963 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.