Onion soup mix gives fast flavor to this tender beef and creamy sauce from Priscilla Callis of Nashville, Tennessee. "I threw this together one night using ingredients I had on hand," she relates. "The cream of potato soup makes it a real meat-and-potatoes meal."
- 1-1/2 pounds eye of round steak, cut into strips
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef in oil until no longer pink. Stir in soup mix, potato soup, milk and mushrooms. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve over ice or noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Onion Beef Stroganoff in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p38
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Onion Beef Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review