Onion Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds eye of round steak, cut into strips
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef in oil until no longer pink. Stir in soup mix, potato soup, milk and mushrooms. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve over ice or noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Onion Beef Stroganoff
Sort By :
This was excellent. I did make a couple substitutions. I used stew meat instead of eye of round because I liked the flavor better. and I used half and half creamer in plae of the regular milk. It made it very creamy. I've made it twice in 2 weeks it was so good.
It's a quick, easy, one pan meal and the potato soup gives it added flavor and texture. I used fresh mushrooms and it was delicious.