Onion-Beef Muffin Cups Recipe
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 6 ounces), cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook onions in butter over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until very tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, cook steak for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Return onions to pan. Stir in the flour, brown sugar and salt until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until thickened.
- Separate biscuits; split each horizontally into three portions. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of eight ungreased muffin cups, overlapping the sides and tops. Fill each with about 2 tablespoons beef mixture.
- Combine mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over filling. Fold dough over completely to enclose filling. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Onion-Beef Muffin Cups
Sort By :
I really loved these which surprised me because I wasn't expecting much. I marinated my steak the night before and that added a lot of flavor I think. I tried to work really quickly when putting the filling in to the biscuits because I was afraid if they got too warm they wouldn't be fluffy and flakey but they baked up great despite the hot filling. I had leftover filling that I just served alongside as a bonus and everything was delicious. I will definitely make these again.
I've made this recipe many times. My whole family LOVES it. The kids even ask to have it for dinner. I dice the onions a little smaller, but other than that I follow the recipe exactly.
These are great for field meals during harvest!
Can't get enough of 'em.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Muffin Recipes >
- Muffins >
- Quick Bread Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >