- 3 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, saute onions in butter for 10-15 minutes or until caramelized. Remove onions with a slotted spoon.
- In the same skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Return onions to skillet.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt, pepper and cumin. Gradually stir in the broth until smooth. Add to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place fettuccine in a greased 4-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture. Combine cheeses; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Onion Beef Fettuccine
Sort By :
"It was good,but is the recipe right ? The sauce was thin, I had to add corn starch to thicken it,still watery sauce.Next time I will only use one can of beef broth."