- 3 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, saute onions in butter for 10-15 minutes or until caramelized. Remove onions with a slotted spoon.
- In the same skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Return onions to skillet.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt, pepper and cumin. Gradually stir in the broth until smooth. Add to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place fettuccine in a greased 4-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture. Combine cheeses; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Onion Beef Fettuccine
Sort By :
It was good,but is the recipe right ? The sauce was thin, I had to add corn starch to thicken it,still watery sauce.Next time I will only use one can of beef broth.