Onion-Basil Grilled Vegetables
As the caretaker for a private home, I sometimes cook for the young family who lives there. Although I'm an old-fashioned cook, my job has me trying new flavors. Everyone likes these grilled vegetables.
-Jan Oeffler of Danbury, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 3 medium ears fresh corn, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 pound medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18
- in.). Dot with butter. Fold foil around vegetable mixture and seal
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes
- are tender, turning once.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 164 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,