As the caretaker for a private home, I sometimes cook for the young family who lives there. Although I'm an old-fashioned cook, my job has me trying new flavors. Everyone likes these grilled vegetables. -Jan Oeffler of Danbury, Wisconsin
- 3 medium ears fresh corn, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 pound medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Toss to coat. Place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.). Dot with butter. Fold foil around vegetable mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning once. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Onion-Basil Grilled Vegetables in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p27
Reviews for Onion-Basil Grilled Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review