Onion Barley Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup medium pearl barley
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) whole button mushrooms, drained
- In an ovenproof skillet, saute barley in oil until golden brown. Stir in water, bouillon and salt; bring to boil. Remove from the heat; add onions and mushrooms.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until barley is tender. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Reviews for Onion Barley Casserole(2)
Sort By :
My husband liked this a lot. It was pretty good to me. Nice change from potatoes and rice as a side dish.
I used a can of sliced mushrooms and 1 Tbs of dried, minced onion as that was what I had on hand. This has a great texture and a good flavor. Even my picky kids loved it and asked if we can keep this recipe with our favorite recipes. Thanks for sharing!
More Recipe Collections
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Grains Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >