Onion-Baked Chicken Recipe
Toasted onion is deliciously different ingredient in the coating for this chicken. Folks will think you were in the kitchen all day making this quick and easy dish.
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs or crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1. Combine mustard and soy sauce in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, toast onion over medium heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Pour into a shallow bowl. Add crumbs and bouillon; mix well. Dip chicken in mustard mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 3. Place on a rack over a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 183 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 1,479 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC