Toasted onion is deliciously different ingredient in the coating for this chicken. Folks will think you were in the kitchen all day making this quick and easy dish.
Recommended: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs or crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Combine mustard and soy sauce in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- In a small skillet, toast onion over medium heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Pour into a shallow bowl. Add crumbs and bouillon; mix well. Dip chicken in mustard mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place on a rack over a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Onion-Baked Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p36
Reviews for Onion-Baked Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 9, 2017
"This is very good! I used bone-in thighs because that is all I had. I did take the skin off and baked for 1 hour."
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2013
"Family and the girlfriend loved it!"