Onion-Bacon Baby Carrots Recipe
- 2 large sweet onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a large skillet, cook onions in oil over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, carrots, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in syrup and butter. Sprinkle with french-fried onions and bacon. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until fried onions are browned. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Onion-Bacon Baby Carrots(4)
Sort By :
Love Love Love this and so does everyone I have ever made it for, HUGE hit! Making it for Thanksgiving as I do every year :-)
My husband loved this. I think next time I will add a little more maple syrup, didn't really get any maple flavor.
This is absolutely delicious! I get asked for this recipe all the time, and my niece always asks me to bring it to family dinners.
very good and different.