Onion-Apricot Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and apricots. Combine the broth, marmalade, ginger, garlic and nutmeg; pour into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- 2. Remove chops and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 296 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Onion-Apricot Pork Chops
"This was ok but not great, I really didn't care for the flavor much."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.