Onion-Apple Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1. Sprinkle chops with garlic salt and lemon pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute apple and onion in drippings until tender. Stir in broth and syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Return chops to pan.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/2 cup apple mixture: 291 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Onion-Apple Pork Chops
"The entire family lived these. Tender and juicy! The apples gave it a nice flavor. I didn't know how it would taste with the onions, but it worked out great."
"It was good but it did lack flavor. Not sure how I would flavor it up - but I would love to make it again. Pork chops were very tender!"
"Great new recipe to add to my favorites."
"It was good but lacked a little flavor, yes I would fix it again with a few alterations."
"This is sooo delish! One bite and my husband was hooked! Very easy and quick too!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer