Onion-Apple Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1. Sprinkle chops with garlic salt and lemon pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute apple and onion in drippings until tender. Stir in broth and syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Return chops to pan.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/2 cup apple mixture equals 291 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Onion-Apple Pork Chops
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer