Onion and Potato Turkey Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 small potato, finely shredded
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk together the first six ingredients. Stir in onion, potato and red pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 12-in. x 4-in. loaf in a foil-lined 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 200 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Onion and Potato Turkey Meat Loaf
"So flavorful! I skipped the onion because I didn't have one on hand."
"I dont like very ketchupy (not sure thats a word) tasting meatloaf. This was the perfect blend of goodness."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.