Onion and Potato Turkey Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 small potato, finely shredded
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first six ingredients. Stir in onion, potato and red pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 12-in. x 4-in. loaf in a foil-lined 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Meat Loaf in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p16
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Onion and Potato Turkey Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2014
"So flavorful! I skipped the onion because I didn't have one on hand."
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2010
"I dont like very ketchupy (not sure thats a word) tasting meatloaf. This was the perfect blend of goodness."