"I created the recipe for this delicious meat loaf one evening when I was hurrying to start dinner and had just a few ingredients on hand," says Tamie Foley, Thousand Oaks, California. "My family enjoys it with carrots and new potatoes."
Recommended: 39 Ways to Make Meat Loaf
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 small potato, finely shredded
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first six ingredients. Stir in onion, potato and red pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 12-in. x 4-in. loaf in a foil-lined 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Meat Loaf in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p16
Reviews forOnion and Potato Turkey Meat Loaf
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2014
"So flavorful! I skipped the onion because I didn't have one on hand."
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2010
"I dont like very ketchupy (not sure thats a word) tasting meatloaf. This was the perfect blend of goodness."