Onion, Garlic & Brie Bruschetta Recipe
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into scant 1/2-in. slices
- 1 pound Brie cheese, rind removed, thinly sliced
- Minced fresh thyme, optional
- 1. Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut tops off of garlic bulbs. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Wrap each bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the onion, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper in remaining oil for 15-20 minutes or until very tender and browned.
- 3. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; mash with a fork. Spread over toast. Top with cheese and onion. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with thyme if desired. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 73 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Onion, Garlic & Brie Bruschetta
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer