Onigiri (Rice Balls) Recipe
- 2 cups sushi rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (5 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared wasabi
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine rice and water; let stand for 30 minutes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from the heat. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the tuna, soy sauce and wasabi. With wet hands, shape 1/2 cup rice into a patty. Place 1 tablespoon tuna mixture in the center. Shape rice around tuna to enclose filling, forming a triangle. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 appetizers.
1 rice ball: 203 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Onigiri (Rice Balls)
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer