Are you a busy cook? Then, you're sure to love this convenient stovetop spaghetti recipe. —Joan Koehn, Leland, Mississippi
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 to 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, green pepper, 4 tablespoons water, salt, chili powder and spaghetti.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until spaghetti is tender, stirring frequently and adding remaining water if necessary.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and heat until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Spaghetti in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p51
Reviews for One Skillet Spaghetti for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review