- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 to 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, green pepper, 4 tablespoons water, salt, chili powder and spaghetti.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until spaghetti is tender, stirring frequently and adding remaining water if necessary.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and heat until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for One Skillet Spaghetti for Two
"Excellent recipe, loved this! Added 1 tsp. jarred minced garlic."
"Loved this!! Doubled the recipe so I would have leftovers and it turned out great!!"
"How much is 3oz of noodles? How do you all measure it?"
"Made this for my parents who are older and not big eaters. They both loved it and the portion size was just perfect for two! Wonderful!"
"I havent tried it yet,,,, but arent you supposed to avoid iron pans and tomatoes?????"
"My husband loves this dish..it's so easy and versatile, extra onions and garlic are always good. It's one of our regular dishes."
"Love this spaghetti! It's easy to make and tastes delicious. I omit the cheese and it still tastes great."
"I have been looking for this recipe for a few years. Thank you sooo much."