- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 to 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, green pepper, 4 tablespoons water, salt, chili powder and spaghetti.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until spaghetti is tender, stirring frequently and adding remaining water if necessary.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and heat until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Spaghetti in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p51
Reviews for One Skillet Spaghetti for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2014
"Made this for my parents who are older and not big eaters. They both loved it and the portion size was just perfect for two! Wonderful!"
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2013
"I havent tried it yet,,,, but arent you supposed to avoid iron pans and tomatoes?????"