One Skillet Spaghetti
Are you a busy cook? Then, you’re sure to love this convenient stovetop recipe from Joan Koehn of Leland, Mississippi.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 to 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, green pepper, 4
- tablespoons water, salt, chili powder and spaghetti.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or
- until spaghetti is tender, stirring frequently and adding remaining
- water if necessary.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and heat until cheese is melted, about 5
- minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese) equals 443 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 1,056 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 34 g protein.