- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 package (7 ounces) ready-cut spaghetti
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in uncooked spaghetti and the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the spaghetti is tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and heat until melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for One-Skillet Spaghetti(6)
Sort By :
This is an awesome meal. I have made it many times and everyone loves it. I can't find ready-cut spaghetti anymore, so I use elbow macaroni and it works fine.
We have made this recipe frequently since it was published in TOH 15 years ago. We loved it, and it has been a family favorite ever since!
This was super easy to make. Yes, it is a little bland as the other reviews stated, so I upped the seasonings. I will make this again.
Love this recipe, it is super easy and my family eats it all up! Delicious!
I gave this recipe three stars becasue it was edible however we did have to red pepper flakes before doing so because the flavor was just really bland. I will not make this again. Sorry.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >