One-Skillet Pork Chop Supper
"My husband, Clark, and I reserve this recipe for Sundays after the grandkids have gone home and we're too tired to prepare a big meal," shares Kathy Thompson of Port Orange, Florida. "It's comforting and quick."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots or 3 medium carrots, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large skillet, brown chops over medium heat in butter for 3
- minutes on each side. Add the potatoes, carrots and onion. Combine
- soup and water; pour over the top. Cover and simmer for 15-20
- minutes or until the meat juices run clear and vegetables are
- tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.