- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots or 3 medium carrots, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large skillet, brown chops over medium heat in butter for 3 minutes on each side. Add the potatoes, carrots and onion. Combine soup and water; pour over the top. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the meat juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for One-Skillet Pork Chop Supper
"Great, simple for any night you are just tired. Tried it again with Golden Mushroom soup for a totally different taste. smash potatoes to put sauce on them or omit potatoes & serve with rice, makes a great gravy."
"the whole family loves this recipe"
"Good and simple"
"A REAL QUICKY WITH INGREDIENTS RIGHT IN HOME"
"Nothing wrong with recipe. Just doesn't have much flavor"
"This is our ultimate comfort food. I add a green salad and rolls. So Good!"
"I have been making this since the first issues of TOH. Its a classic."