One-Skillet Pasta Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Add the tomatoes, broth, mushrooms, brown sugar and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- 3. Add pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
1-2/3 cups equals 621 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 967 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for One-Skillet Pasta
"My husband loved it, but I thought it was missing something. I added some crushed red pepper and Parmesan cheese to mine. Next time I think I will had some garlic and a bit more brown sugar. My pasta stuck together and had to pull it apart after about 15 minutes. I would probably check it sooner than that to try to separate it before it gets gummy."
"My kids loved this recipe!!! They took seconds. I have tried homemade pasta sauces for 30 years and this was the first that my kids loved."
"absolutely one of the best spaghetti recipes i have ever tasted. Gives spaghetti a new meaning!!!"
"I thought this was pretty good even though I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I used 1 lb ground beef because that's what I had on hand- and it was plenty enough meat. I left out the sweet red pepper because I didn't have one. I left out the cheese due to preference and I added some garlic. The concept of this was really good. Next time I would like to try making this with 1 lb italian sausage. I would use the red bell pepper, and I would also add more garlic next time. This might also be good with a splash of wine. I also would like to try fresh mushrooms instead of canned. I would use more brown sugar than called for. This is really a great one-pot recipe and is very easy to personalize to your own tastes. Just wanted to know after adding the angel hair pasta it was cooked through in about 15 mins, not 30-35 as called for in the recipe."
"Easy and delicious. I subbed diced carrots for the mushrooms and added a clove of garlic. Delicious!"
"I used ground beef and left out the mushrooms...my husband loved it. This recipe is a keeper."