"This recipe was given to me 25 years ago and remains a family favorite. It's a simple dish with a great twist on traditional spaghetti. By cooking everything in one pot it saves time on prep and clean up." – Susan Spence, Lawrenceville, Virginia
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, mushrooms, brown sugar and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Add pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as One-Skillet Pasta in Taste of Home August/September 2010, p47
Reviews for One-Skillet Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review